Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I'm not very good at this posting thing...it has been quite awhile since I have sent anything. I do want to share one of my sweetest blessings that took place late in November of "08". I had the privilege of flying over to Virginia to help Wendy with all the preparations in getting to deliver little Penny. It was a very busy time and Grandma quickly learned the routine "stuff" in taking care of Ally and Sam. The kids were patient with me as I learned the ropes...even when I got lost using the GPS trying to get to the mall with the kids. We got stuck in rush hour traffic going the wrong direction and I was a bit tense. Finally, after an hour of driving, Ally said "Sammy, I think Grandma is lost!" Sam replied, "I think we need to put her in jail with the bad guys!" (he was forever cracking me up with hilarious little things that only a 3 yr. old can come up with. You should hear him pray! It is hard to keep a straight face!) Needless to say, by the time I got back to Wendy's house I was almost in tears and I found out that the Mall was only about 8 minutes from their home- hmmm. Technology is a bit distressing for me :( I loved taking care of the kids and hanging out spending time with Wendy and Rey and helping Wendy prepare for the holidays. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I was surprised by beautiful flowers Nolan wired me for my birthday that same weekend. I loved my time there and I thoroughly LOVED with my grandkids. Welcome to our family sweet Penny!!!

2 comments:

Carly Andelin said...

I didn't hear that comment of Sammy's! I wish I could have been there helping out with your GPS mom! I'm so excited to get together this summer and have Kimi and Sammy crack us all up! And I'm ready for some warm weather. I think I'm done with snow.

Wendy said...

Yeah, Sammy's conintually making us laugh with all of his little wise-crack remarks! :) We loved having you here, and the kids comment on almost a daily basis how much they miss you and can't wait to see you at your house! Love you Mom.