Monday, January 12, 2009

A good laugh


Madie came home today with a baby that she had to "take care of" for her health class. This doll 'simulates' what it is like to have a real baby to take care of (not really). Whenever the baby cries this annoying cry, Madie has to quickly run over and plug in a key that is tied to her wrist into the baby's back and hold it there until it makes another annoying noise to let you know that it is pacified. The last time it took almost a half hour- Madie was thoroughly annoyed and I had to supress my laughter watching her face. She ground her teeth and said words like, "this is the most annoying, stupid piece of plastic!" The bad part is you have to hold it there because the computer in the doll will record that the baby was not "taken care of". I'm enjoying the fact that Madie will have to "get up" with the doll during the night, and she'll have to carry it on the bus tomorrow morning in it's carseat.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Haha, I think that's so classic! I love the look on Madie's face, and I so can hear her little snide comments already! :) You gotta love it...

Carly Andelin said...

That. face. is. so. choice. And yes, thanks for the good laugh mom! I'd love to see her carrying that around school, on the bus, at practice...haha!!! Does she have to find a babysitter for practice? Haha. Tell this to Madie:
Kimi heard my loud laughter and ran to the computer to see why I was laughing, and I kinda explained what Madie was doing with the baby. Kimi said, "We need to fly on the airplane today so I can see that baby!"

Katelyn said...

Haha I'm in the library...I had to stop myself from laughing as hard as I wanted to. And I'm still laughing. Perfect!:)

Shanae said...

I remember when we had to do that, so funny :)

Rachael said...

HAHA. I love it! Might as well bring madie with you when i have the baby and she can take care of her :)

Lisah said...

Jen- I peeked on your blog from Rachaels! I hope that is okay! You look great and your new little grand baby is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet Brady and Rach's either! Patty showed me the cook book you put together and I am officially putting in a request for a copy. Keep in touch! Lisa Cutler

janica said...

So i found and stalked you through Katelyns blog:) i love madie's face. I remember those dolls with the annoying cry:)

Alissa Empey said...

Ha Ha! Madie, i had to do it to, but I had to run for the bus and droped it and it went hudeling down the hill, I think I failed it but life goes on :)

Coleman Family said...

Ahhhh, the joys of motherhood! Good to see you're back to blogging! It's been nice checking on what's going on with you all!