Monday, April 6, 2009

A road I wish had not been taken



Oh yes, this is me...and I do feel as rotten as I look! This has been an incredible journey over the past six weeks. I entered the hospital to get a revision on my left prosthetic knee on February 26th- unfortunately it didn't get done because of intense infection in my tissues that hadn't been detected until I got into surgery. Consequently IV antibiotics were started immediately. This is me in the hospital two weeks after my "initial" surgery. My kidneys were shutting down from an adverse reaction to the medications they had me on- don't I look like I'm ready for a party?! I am doing a little better now thanks to a blood transfusion. I am patiently waiting for the go ahead for surgery again, I hope in a month...this next time they will be putting my new knee in :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Yeah, I love the swollen upper lip! It's like you got an "Angelina Jolie" lip job done for free! :) I know, bad joke... Well, I'm glad you're feeling better since the blood transfusion, and now we just need to get the show on the road for getting the new knee in! :) We love you lots...

Carly Andelin said...

Kimi says, "Look, Grandma looks sick. But she looks like she will feel better in the summer time."