Monday, April 13, 2009

Springtime!




One good thing I have learned from being in this state of having a crippled body is having the time to observe the little things around me. I've always loved Springtime, but I've come to a new appreciation of the majesty of God's creations. We have our home nestled in the middle of the orchard and over the years it has become refuge to many species of birds. As I was looking out my bedroom window the other day I noticed a pair of mourning doves paying particular attention to an abandon nest left by robins last year. To my delight, they proceeded to set up housekeeping in that nest...and to my surprise, two little eggs have been produced! :) The momma dove has been very nurturing to those eggs, so I'm sure we will have some little babies in not too long.
Madie and I decided to celebrate the season and decorate some eggs together for Easter. We had tons of fun together laughing at each other and trying not to make huge messes while showing off our creativity. We ended the evening with Madie making us blueberry waffles. (Madie has been a wonderful buddy through all of this difficult "stuff".)

3 comments:

Coleman Family said...

oh my goodness Jennifer! I heard about the infection but i had no idea you had a reaction to the antibiotic and a blood transfusion! I am so very sorry! You are in our thoughts and prayers. That's wonderful you can concentrate on the good things in life - how lucky to have doves in your yard! I think I've seen a swallow or two (they're mean!) and we have an over abundance of crows!
Take care of yourself!

Carly Andelin said...

Kimi really likes the eggs. She looked at both of your pictures and said, "I think Grandma's eggs are cool. But, eggs live in nests, not in bowls."

The McGary's said...

Jennifer, some how I ran into your blog and had to check it out to see if there was an update on you and how you are doing. I hope everything is moving in the right direction and that you have your new knee! Take care you are in my thoughts and prayers.